Happy Birthday to our dear John!
Beauty at John Galliano Spring/Summer 2009
John Galliano appearing on Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2002 by John Galliano.
John Galliano, Fall 2009
Christian Dior Haute Couture ateliers
/look no. 5 from Spring Summer 2011 collection
1. step: the coat is made from white canvas to show the proportions and silhouette (it is done by a ‘modéliste’)
2. step: client tries on the mock-up to see how it fits
3. step: designer chooses fabrics, colours and embroidery (The fabrics used in Haute Couture are the most luxurious and most expensive ones)
4. step: each part of the coat is cut (There are two ateliers, one for tailoring: Atelier tailleur and one for the dresses: Atelier flou. Each one has its own head seamstress called Première. At Atelier tailleur it is madame Monique, at Atelier flou it is madame Florence
5. step: the embroidery is done in special ateliers in Paris (maison Hurel, maison Lesage)
6. step: fabric is pleated in special ateliers in Paris (ateliers Logon)
7. step: seamstresses assemble the coat (there are many people involved in making one piece, everything is sewn by hand in Paris ateliers)
8. step: the coat is ironed (it is actually ironed after any manipulation or sewing)
9. step: the coat is tagged (it is the final step, and it means, that the piece is ready for the client)
10. step: the coat is delivered to the client… (this is actually where its story begins)
This is fantastic!
Creating Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2011 by John Galliano.
Kate Moss and John Galliano in the December 2013 issue of British Vogue. I can’t get enough of this picture. I love their poses and the fact that a grand piano is falling apart as they are still in motion. I can’t wait to get my hands on this issue because these photos look amazing!
Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall 2010
John Galliano studied flowers to create his fall 2010 couture collection for Dior, even spending hours observing how the colors of petals would change when hit by the light. The result was an haute garden of ruffled, ruched and feathered gowns in punchy colors. Stephen Jones created headpieces that looked like a florist’s plastic wrap, and models were “tied” around the middle with raffia belts to create the perfect high fashion bouquet.
Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2010 by John Galliano.
KATE MOSS + JOHN GALLIANO BY TIM WALKER - I couldn’t possibly ask for more.
Lady Gaga, October 23, 2013
John Galliano Spring Summer 2004 Ready-To-Wear
Kate Moss & John Galliano by Tim Walker - Vintage John Galliano kimono
John Galliano Finale’