John Galliano Fall/Winter 2011/2012 | Paris
Karlie Kloss | John Galliano Fall/Winter 2011/2012 | Paris
Christian Dior Haute Couture
Beauty at John Galliano Spring/Summer 2009
John Galliano appearing on Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2002 by John Galliano.
John Galliano, Fall 2009
Christian Dior Haute Couture ateliers
/look no. 5 from Spring Summer 2011 collection
1. step: the coat is made from white canvas to show the proportions and silhouette (it is done by a ‘modéliste’)
2. step: client tries on the mock-up to see how it fits
3. step: designer chooses fabrics, colours and embroidery (The fabrics used in Haute Couture are the most luxurious and most expensive ones)
4. step: each part of the coat is cut (There are two ateliers, one for tailoring: Atelier tailleur and one for the dresses: Atelier flou. Each one has its own head seamstress called Première. At Atelier tailleur it is madame Monique, at Atelier flou it is madame Florence
5. step: the embroidery is done in special ateliers in Paris (maison Hurel, maison Lesage)
6. step: fabric is pleated in special ateliers in Paris (ateliers Logon)
7. step: seamstresses assemble the coat (there are many people involved in making one piece, everything is sewn by hand in Paris ateliers)
8. step: the coat is ironed (it is actually ironed after any manipulation or sewing)
9. step: the coat is tagged (it is the final step, and it means, that the piece is ready for the client)
10. step: the coat is delivered to the client… (this is actually where its story begins)
This is fantastic!
Creating Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2011 by John Galliano.
Kate Moss and John Galliano in the December 2013 issue of British Vogue. I can’t get enough of this picture. I love their poses and the fact that a grand piano is falling apart as they are still in motion. I can’t wait to get my hands on this issue because these photos look amazing!